VILLA DEL QUAR
This sixteenth-century Venetian Villa, now a 5-star luxury hotel of 25 rooms, is set on the rolling hills of Valpolicella vineyards only a few kilometers away from Verona. Venetian Villas are magnificent residences that are reminiscent of a distinguished era. Built in peaceful locales where their owners could enjoy a joyful lifestyle away from the city, they are designed to observe nature's treasures.
The villa was built throughout different ages, from Roman to Renaissance age, and still retains the memory of that glorious past in the vaulted cellar, a sanctuary for wine lovers. The Arquade Restaurant with its gourmet menu is a must (not only for foodies!) and is a memorable experience. The porches of the villa have been skilfully transformed into living rooms where you can enjoy a quiet and peaceful afternoon with a good book.
Villa del Quar still encloses the style of living that Venetian villas were originally famous for, and guests can sense what it’s like to be in a place that’s coming right out of a Shakespeare play.
Complimentary amenities for Distinctive Honeymoons couples:
• Room upgrade if available
• Complimentary bottle of Prosecco at arrival in the room
Special romantic services available at extra cost:
• Visit with private guide in Verona for about 3 hours, including the tomb of Juliet and her balcony, where it's considered good luck for honeymoon couples to touch Juliet's breast and hand
• Bike rental and picnic basket
• Visit to the marvelous village of Valeggio sul Mincio and the medieval quarter of Borghetto, entrance at the botanic Garden Sigurtà