Distinctive Honeymoons is your one-stop source for any type of romantic trip, whether you're planning your Honeymoon, Destination Wedding, Anniversary Trip, BabyMoon, or Vacation Getaway. Also be sure to check out the honeymoon registry; visit distinctivehoneymoons.com or call 800.803.1360 to learn more.
It's a big world out there.
Don't try and go it alone. Let a travel professional handle the most important trips in your life. Work one-on-one with a travel specialist who has an intimate knowledge of destinations, where to stay, and the hot spots to see. There is no need to worry if there is a bump in the road when away; you have 24-hour emergency service with Distinctive Honeymoons. You're on your own if you use an 'automated' website!
In the Spotlight
The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, Prague recently received "Most Romantic Spa" recognition from spAWARDS! It's easy to see why: it's the world's only spa located in a former Renaissance chapel and features private heat and water facilities integrated within the suites, a Thai massage suite, and more.
The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay offers unique wine tasting events and has a stellar lineup this year for their 2012 Vintner Series. Guests can enjoy wine by the glass at check-in (spotlighting each month's featured vintner), monthly featured wines in The Conservatory Lounge, NAVIO six-course wine-tasting menu on Friday and Saturday evenings (pairing each month's featured wines with NAVIO dining specialties), and an ENO Wine Tasting Experience Friday through Sunday.
Hotel de la Paix in Siem Reap, Cambodia, has been showing its support for the local community by collaborating with MasterCard to to provide uniforms to children in the local community so that they can attend school. Through the program, they've already collected over 1,200 uniforms!
La Costa Resort & Spa, a picturesque 400-acre retreat outside of San Diego, just renovated their luxury guest rooms and suites. Be one of the first to experience the changes firsthand and book a bright, elegant room.
TripAdvisor recently named W Fort Lauderdale the "Trendiest Hotel in the U.S.". Fusing luxury with a playful personality and a beautiful beach-side atmosphere, it's an ideal escape for couples to celebrate and be pampered.
CONSTANCE LE PRINCE MAURICE
This luxurious Mauritius resort is set within 148 tropical acres and has 89 suites overlooking the beach or sitting on stilts above the lagoon. It sits admidst rare, lush vegetation and evokes the splendor of the spice trade era. Click here to watch video footage.
A Glimpse into the Past
The above 1947 shot is of Laurence Olivier and Vivian Leigh staying at Grand Hotel Miramare. The hotel, located on the Portofino coast of Italy, was once a private residence and is now a charming and romantic holiday retreat for those seeking a modern take on old-fashioned splendor. Guests can enjoy attractive rooms with classic décor and garden or sea views.
Hot Events and Deals
Belize: Book 3 nights in a Luxury Balam or Casita at Ka'ana Boutique Resort and get your 4th night for just $18, which will be donated to their Adopt-A-School Program. This $18 can pay for a local Belizean child to attend school for a full year.
New Zealand: The gorgeous Matakauri Lodge now offers a winter ski package that includes accommodation, a 50 minute massage per person per night, transfer to/from Coronet Peak from Matakauri Lodge each day, pre-dinner drinks and canapés, dinner, full breakfast, complimentary non-alcoholic mini bar, and use of lodge facilities.
Greece: Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa opens April 29 for their summer season, and they're offering a fabulous honeymoon package. It includes a bottle of traditional Greek liquor, selection of seasonal fruits and Greek indigenous delicacies and a bouquet of flowers upon arrival, Greek breakfast for two served in the room on the first morning, Signature Honeymoon turndown service on the first night, Signature Honeymoon amenities (once per stay), a bottle of chilled French Champagne in room on second day, one 50 min. Signature Couples' massage (Traditional Olive Oil or Rakotherapy Massage) in the couple's suite, and complimentary access to the Elounda Spa facilities and fitness center.
St. Lucia: The exclusive hideaway Ladera is ideal for honeymooners, the Dream Suite features an open-air living room with views of the Pitons and Caribbean Sea, a 4 poster king bed, and a private heated pool with waterfall 1,100 feet above the sea.
Honeymoon Gift Registry Ideas
With a honeymoon gift registry, your friends and family can do more than just drop money in a virtual bucket: they can contribute to a special piece of your getaway. Here are some of the many possibilities for a DistictiveHoneymoons.com registry:
• A guided tour of a local museum
• A sunset dinner cruise
• A romantic happy hour filled with exotic drinks and munchies
• Breakfast in bed
• A cooking class
• A wine tasting tour
• A painting from a local artist or other memorabilia
• A snorkeling adventure
• Dinner under the stars
• A helicopter tour or hot air balloon ride
• A morning horseback ride
• Tickets to a play, opera, ballet, or concert
You can save yourself hours of research by sharing your interests with Distinctive Honeymoons specialists so they can create a detailed registry for you. Click here to learn more about what's included with our registry, along with a sample.
In this issue: Magical Resorts for Your Wedding, Ways to Surprise Your Honey on Your Honeymoon, Romance Along the Mediterranean, In the Spotlight, Featured Video, A Glimpse into the Past, Hot Events and Deals, Honeymoon Gift Registry Ideas
10 Magical Resort Settings for Your Wedding
1. Modern amenities meet classic romance on the grounds of the castle hotel Adare Manor in Ireland. What better way to be "majesty for a day" than at a 5-star hotel and golf resort in a storybook-like background? Click here to view a real wedding at Adare Manor.
2. A "Water Wedding" at THE BVLGARI HOTELS & RESORTS, BALIThe altar stands upon a transparent carpet gently floating on the surface of the infinity water pond. You and your loved one will take your vows and receive a blessing looking out over the glistening Indian Ocean.
3. The charming church at Casa de Campo, Dominican Republic. The picturesque St. Stanislaus Catholic Church dominates the plaza of Altos de Chavon for an ideal combination wedding and reception venue. Exchange vows at an oceanfront villa, under the stars in the Grecian-style amphitheater, or a whimsical Moroccan themed ceremony at the Safari Club.
4. Panoramic ocean views at Dreams Cancun Resort & Spa. Situated at the shore point known as Punta Cancun, Dreams Cancun is surrounded on three sides by the crystal clear Caribbean, where couples can wed under a beautiful seaside gazebo.
5. The elegant English country gardens of Pennyhill Park Hotel & Spa, Surrey. Delicately ivy-clad, the 19th century mansion is framed by beautiful garden terraces, formal lawns, and flower beds. Picture perfect for your intimate or lavish celebration.
6. An iconic Arabian landmark, Emirates Palace. Imagine celebrating in a majestic ballroom with a 5-star personalized menu, then retiring to a grand suite with regal Arabian décor. A true experience of a lifetime!
7. A Fijian dream at Qamea Resort & Spa. Whether you want your Qamea wedding to be a private affair or full Fijian cultural experience, your vision of an exotic ceremony among swaying palms will become a reality with details like a Fijian choir or a floral headdress.
8. Beach-side bliss in Florida at The Breakers, Palm Beach. Recite your vows by the cool breeze of the ocean, and then retreat indoors for an imaginative menu, stunning lights, and awe-inspiring décor. Your guests won't have to travel overseas and they can enjoy the indulgent resort amenities throughout their stay.
9. A ceremony overlooking the Pacific at Villa Caletas - Zephyr Palace, Costa Rica. Ionic columns stand in a celestial setting ideal for sunset vows. Beach and amphitheater ceremonies are also available.
10. The majestic Alps at The Cambrian in Switzerland. The dramatic natural background can be ideal for either a "Winter Wonderland" or a green summer celebration in a setting that is simultaneously soothing and thrilling.
The Best (and Worse) Ways to Surprise Your Honey on Your Honeymoon
An oceanfront couples massage at Trisara in Thailand.
Surprises: The Good Kind
• Get sweet: Arrange for a personalized "honeymoon cake" or chocolate fondue to be delivered to your room.
• Book either a couples massage for two, or a solo pampering session for your partner.
• Arrange for a private romantic rooftop or beach-side dinner through the hotel. Be sure to call about this well in advance!
• Prepare a gift that symbolizes your relationship, such as a scrapbook, and present it to your partner on your honeymoon.
• Think of an activity your partner would love but that you may usually shy away from, such as dance lessons or para-sailing, and sign up both of you.
Surprises: The Bad Kind
• "I know I suggested an island, but did I mention I'm afraid of water?"
• "I hope you don't mind that I invited my mom along!"
• "Who, me? I thought YOU packed the beach gear."
• "You didn't realize this scenic plane ride would end with a skydive? Just sign the waiver, buckle up, and face your fear of flying!"
• "No, I decided not to pack the first aid kit so I could make room for my 20 extra pairs of underwear."
Romance Along the Mediterranean
Hot Itineraries for Dual Stops
View from Le Sirenuse in Positano along Italy's Amalfi Coast
Istanbul Greek Isles
Why: You'll have a chance to explore ancient marvels of Istanbul (think Byzantine artifacts and Ottoman mosques) and gaze into the Bosphorus. The Greek Isles are just a short trip away: bask in sunshine and discover architectural treasures in the beautiful islands of Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu, and more.
Where to Stay: The Istanbul EDITION, click here for a complete list of recommended hotels and resorts in Greece.
Spain's Costa Del Sol Morocco
Why: The "sun coast" along the south of Spain contains quaint coastal towns, beautiful beaches, and delectable seafood. On a clear day you can see Morocco from many areas of the shores: consider transferring to the enchanting city of Marrakech for its ancient landmarks, markets, bustling town square, and breathtaking views of the Atlas Mountains.
Where to Stay: Finca Cortesin Hotel Golf & Spa, Gran Melia Don Pepe, Club Med Resort of Marrakech Le Riad
Moroccan sunshine at Club Med Resort of Marrakech Le Riad
The French Riviera
Why: The French Riviera, often associated with fame and glamor, is home to St. Tropez, Monaco, and Cannes. Art lovers will be swept away by the local galleries and the region's imaginative vibe. A trip over to Tuscany will reward you with its cities filled with Renaissance beauty, marvelous vineyards, and country sides dotted with romantic castles and villas.
Where to Stay: Château Saint-Martin & Spa,
Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat, Hotel Martinez, click here to see our picks for Florence/Tuscan retreats.
Italy's Amalfi Coast Sicily
Why: The Amalfi Coast is known for medieval cliff-side fishing villages filled with character, along with historical churches and opportunities for beautiful seaside hikes. Visitors to Sicily adore its mountain-side beaches, exotic cuisines, and fascinating archeological sites from Greek colonies.
Where to Stay:
Grand Hotel Timeo
Please note that packages and other promotions on Distinctive Honeymoons are subject to availability, may contain blackout dates, subject to change without notice and other restrictions may apply. For details, contact your agent at 800.803.1360 or email@example.com